Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy and Healthy New Year

My wish for every one of you is that 2013 is a brighter, happier, healthier and wealthier year than 2012.

My goal for 2013 is to address the reasons why I am overweight, be they emotional, mental, medical or spiritual.  It would be a dream come true if I could return to the UK in a few months time looking slim and feeling amazing, and my ULTIMATE goal is to be super duper fertile so my partner and I can conceive a baby and welcome him/her/them in 2014.

My starting weight is...  I dread to admit it....  93.9kg.


January 2013 - Size 16 (Australian)

These pics clearly show just how uncomfortable I feel at this weight.  I hide my body beneath baggy t-shirts, shorts and jeans.  I feel too self conscious to wear a dress or even a pretty top with spaghetti straps.

I have set my goal weight for 63kg but I don't know if that is what I am going to end up at.  There are so many factors that dictate what my final weight will be.  My only real goal is to fit into size 10 clothing which I have never been able to do since my early teens.  I don't really care about the number on the scale, it's about my health, it's about how I feel in my own skin and how my clothes fit me.

So I decided yesterday to get my shit together (and consequently, my ingredients!) and start making a really nutritious smoothie every day and NOURISH my body and put into practice the Gabriel Method recommendations to help my body feel safe enough to release all this unwanted fat.

Here's a recipe I made up today:

Berry Banana Coconut Smoothie

1 small banana
1/2 a cup of frozen mixed berries
protein powder (at the moment I am using a pea protein powder because the whey protein powder I wanted to buy is not currently in stock)
250ml coconut water
1 tablespoon coconut oil

I found the taste a little unusual but not unpleasant so I think the more often I drink it the more I will come to enjoy it.  This smoothie is super super healthy!

Of course, you can swap the coconut water for just plain water or if you want a creamier consistency then add milk instead.

Protein powder helps you feel full for longer, how much you add is up to you.  If you find that you are feeling hungry well before your next meal then you are most likely not getting enough protein so next time try adding another scoop of powder to your smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whilst I will read every comment, I will not necessarily publish all of them. In particular I will not publish or respond to any comments or questions written in "txt spk". They are incredibly annoying!