Sunday 13 January 2013

I officially hate summer

When I was in my teens and younger years I loved the extreme weather.  Loved the summer and equally loved the winter!

One thing I have found to be really refreshing on hot summer days is this drink:


  • one cup of coconut water 
  • the juice of half a lemon (it's got to be fresh, not bottled lemon juice)
  • a scoop of ice cubes.  


That is it!  Honestly it is one of the best discoveries I have made!

I don't enjoy coconut water on its own so that is the reason I add the lemon juice (as well as lemon juice being a wonderful alkalizing substance for your digestion).

Coconut water is also extremely healthy, it replenishes energy because it contains electrolytes, the same stuff that is found in "sports drinks" (which aren't exactly healthy because they contain added sugar and food colouring).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whilst I will read every comment, I will not necessarily publish all of them. In particular I will not publish or respond to any comments or questions written in "txt spk". They are incredibly annoying!