Saturday 16 June 2012

Spiritual practice

I was listening to an audio class today and heard this great quote:

"My spiritual practice is to not abandon my body."

It had a profound impact on me straight away.  I'm sure you've heard that saying before "My body is my temple"?  I always thought it was just a cliche drummed up by some hippy vegans, but it's actually very wise and very true.

So my new spiritual practice is to really take care of my body and start making more of an emphasis on what it NEEDS.  I still have crazy cravings for chocolate and cakes because it is early days yet, I've only just begun the GM program so I'm not going to make drastic changes straight away.  If I have a binge on crisps or chocolate, so be it, I am not going to beat myself up for it, it's just my body's way of telling me that it doesn't feel safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whilst I will read every comment, I will not necessarily publish all of them. In particular I will not publish or respond to any comments or questions written in "txt spk". They are incredibly annoying!