Saturday 21 July 2012

Age & fertility

Something that really plays on my mind alot is my age.

I am 37.  My journey with PCOS began at puberty but didn't really manifest as symptomatic until my early 20's.  I was officially diagnosed at 29 and got married and started TTC when I was 30.  I didn't want to be having children past 35, I was determined to have completed my family by then.

Since my miscarriages, I have had a real hangup about my age and today I read an article that had been posted on Facebook about maternal age.  Any pregnant woman who is over 35 is classified by the medical profession as having a "Geriatric Pregnancy".

AT 35!!!!

So that makes me feel even worse about my age now.  Isn't it already difficult enough to deal with our emotions and thoughts without being labelled by doctors as geriatric?  It's just terrible.  If any doctor starts calling me a geriatric once I do finally become pregnant they will get a mouthful of obscenities.

I found this lovely affirmation today that I want to use anytime I start feeling the anxiety and stress about being my age and being childless:

I love and approve of myself.
I am loving.
I am lovable.
The source of love is within me.
I enjoy hugs.
I am happy.
I am effective.
Every age is beautiful.
Each moment in life is perfect.
I resolve the past.
I live in the NOW.
I am young again.
I allow myself to enjoy life.
I am safe.
My mind is flexible.
My mind is open.
I give freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whilst I will read every comment, I will not necessarily publish all of them. In particular I will not publish or respond to any comments or questions written in "txt spk". They are incredibly annoying!